1. Engr Umar Buba Bindir (PhD), a Fulani man, was born in Yola Town, Adamawa State, Nigeria. He had his basic education in Yola Town and graduated from the prestigious University of Maiduguri with a First Class Honours Degree in Agricultural Technology in 1983.
2. He has a Masters and Doctorate Degrees from the prestigious Cranfield Institute of Technology (CIT), now Cranfield University in the United Kingdom (UK) professionalized as an Agricultural Machinery Design and Development Engineer in 1987 and 1991 respectively.
3. Engr Bindir has numerous professional qualifications and awards including:
• Chartered Engineer (CEng), UK;
• COREN Registered in Nigeria
• Fellow of the Nigerian Academy of Engineering;
• Fellow Nigerian Society of Engineers;
• Fellow of the Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers;
• Fellow of the Solar Energy Society of Nigeria; and
• National Productivity Order of Merit (NPoM) awardee.
4. Engr Bindir has earned several national and international awards, with a wide technical working experience in Nigeria, UK and Oceania.
5. He has served in the Academia, worked in Industry, was a Director for several years in the main stream Nigerian Federal Civil Service. He was the immediate past Director General/CEO of the National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP), the main Technology Transfer institution in Nigeria.
6. Engr Bindir is a thorough Technology Penetration Expert and an accomplished Engineer. His ingenuity and exquisite skills in ideas generation and innovative Project Development and Implementation easily stands him out in all his places of primary assignment.
7. As the then Director General/CEO of NOTAP, he is the driving force behind the National Policies and Strategies aimed to link academia and industry. He is still the champion on the strategy to develop Science and Technology Parks in Nigeria.
8. Engr Bindir’s last Public Assignment was being the Secretary to the Government of Adamawa State (2015 – 2019).
9. Engr Bindir is presently the Founder and Chairman of the Bindir Knowledge Centre (BKC), a non-Governmental institution established to support children and youth to acquire modern knowledge in both education and entrepreneurship.
10. Engr Bindir's passion mainly lies in solving poverty challenges through the deployment of technology based empowerment know-how. He believes that Nigeria will ultimately industrialize through timely acquisition and deployment of relevant technologies and innovations into its economy.
11. Engr Bindir is happily married to a wife and they are blessed with two lovely children (a girl and a boy).
Pol. Industrial P.I.S.A. - Calle Balance 16
41927 Mairena del Aljarafe (Sevilla)
You may wonder: why this event so popular? If you do, find more info about it here.